Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Congratulations to me!

I completed my degree requirements for a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) at Southwest Baptist University, Mercy College of Nursing, this month.  As many in nursing will attest, having a BSN is becoming more necessary, especially if one wants flexibility in their nursing career.  More and more hospitals are requiring a BSN prior to employment.

Next on the table, I will take a short break from academics to relax, catch up on some much needed sleep, and then begin exploring my options for an advanced degree.  There are many options within nursing and determining my next step will take some time.  I am particularly drawn to leadership, administration, informatics, and nursing research.  Each incorporates my current skill set with skill sets from my previous career as a scientist.  Given my scientific past, I have a unique perspective upon which I would like to capitalize.  Oncology is a fertile ground for scientific exploration.  As cancer treatments move to more individualized regimens, understanding and synthesizing emerging data will be critical to the delivery of care.


No comments:

Post a Comment